Do you struggle to find healthy salad dressings and dips? Look no further than this EASY and HEALTHY salad dressing recipe. Our salad dressing is a powerhouse for heart health, longevity and super-immunity.
Most store-bought dressings have unhealthy oils, sugar and non-organic ingredients. They usually come in plastic bottles as well. We recommend avoiding these.
The 100 Year Heart Salad dressing combines healthy fats and proteins that will add flavor and a nutritional and immune boost to any meal. Let’s take a look at some of the ingredients.
- Anchovies are small fish loaded with omega-3 DHA and EPA, proteins, vitamins and minerals. The anchovy also contains the bones of the fish for a phenomenal source of natural calcium. And by adding anchovies to the blended recipe, it is easy to hide the taste that some of your loved ones don’t want. Personally, I love the taste.
- Egg yolks contain all the nutrients needed for a chicken to come to life. Every vitamin and mineral is in there along with proteins, fats, and brain builders like lecithin and choline.
- Garlic is renowned for its health benefits, but also adds to the delicious flavor of our 100 Year Heart dressing. Garlic is high in quercetin, a tremendous anti-inflammatory and antioxidant food. Speaking of quercetin, we added capers to this recipe because they are the highest source of quercetin.
How to Make the 100 Year Heart Salad Dressing
Feel free to adjust the amounts of the different ingredients in this salad dressing according to your taste. If you want it tangier add more apple cider vinegar. If you love the flavor of great olive oil loaded with polyphenols (great for immune health) then increase the amount of olive oil. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe, no matter what you do!
- Olive oil (or another organic oil of your choice). Click here for our recommended olive oil and use code NaturalHeart for 10% off your order.
- One tsp MCT oil (optional)
- Apple Cider Vinegar or lemon juice
- Anchovies (start slowly if you choose)
- Capers (tremendous anti-inflammatory source of quercetin)
- Fresh garlic (the amount depends on how many vampires you want to keep away)
- One pasture-raised egg yolk
- Spices (black cumin, cumin, turmeric, ginger, rosemary, oregano, thyme etc. ) Read more here about 10 Spices for Heart Health.
To make the recipe “creamy”, add an AVO-CARDIO – ½ to 1 whole
Do NOT add salt. There is plenty of salt in the anchovy.
Add the above to a blender and blend until smooth. We prefer a Vitamix, this is a great investment that will last for years. Store the remainder in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Lasts up to 7 days but it is so tasty it won’t last nearly that long.
In this busy life it’s nice to know that you really can’t mess this recipe up. Too thick? Add more olive oil, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. For an extra probiotic kick add a little liquid from kimchi or sauerkraut. These probiotic punches are a great staple in any kitchen.
In fact, add whatever you would like to this recipe, it is a great way to get the foods you need into your body. Sometimes, we add sunflower or pumpkin seeds, sometimes sliced onion and garlic. Make it fun and make it different every time. Experimenting with healthy additions is always a good idea!
Your body will thank you for it and your family and friends will live healthier and longer lives too!