I can’t tell you how often I have patients ask me if they can go online or to their local big box or grocery store and buy a comparable supplement to what I’ve recommended during our appointment.
While I sincerely wish it were that easy, and I wish I could save them some of their hard earned money by saying yes, these other products really don’t compare to those that we’ve researched and have available on our shelves.
Many supplement manufacturers and healthcare providers have highly variable standards for defining a high-quality product.
We only work with nutraceutical companies that have stringent standards of quality testing from start to finish.
Here are some of the many things we look for in certifying supplements for our shelves:
- Raw Materials
- Distributor certification and testing of raw product for heavy metals, GMOs, allergens, solvents or other contaminants
- Dose Strategy and Consistency
- Proper manufacturing facilities use the best clean equipment to ensure that every dose you take is the same as the last capsule (or tablet, or bottle, etc.). Fewer doses and fewer items per dose are ideal for patient compliance.
- Packing and Labeling Clarity
- Ensures knowledge of what you’re taking, when it expires, and how many doses it contains so you get what you need, when you need it.
The manufacturing process alone should have rigorous standards in addition to effective dosing and ingredient combinations chosen by your provider.
Good supplements aren’t cheap, cheap supplements aren’t good.
You can feel confident in paying that little extra when purchasing quality products. We don’t want you to ingest something to treat an issue and then have it contribute to this issue.
Throw out your expired or low-quality supplements and replace them with supplements from the companies who are doing it right.
If you’d like to speak with one of our practitioners to get you on the proper supplements for YOU, call (480) 535-6844 option 4 or make an appointment with a health coach.