Do you struggle to create a salad dressing that everyone loves? Search no more! We have the perfect salad dressing/dip to power up your immunity and impress your family and friends.
It is virtually impossible to find a store bought dressing that has high quality ingredients like this one with healthy fats, protein from egg yolks, anchovies and garlic. Anchovies?! Yes, this tiny fish provides a boost of omega-3 fats, protein and calcium (from the tiny bones). The best part (or worst, depending on your feelings about anchovies) is you can’t even taste them once all the ingredients are blended together. Egg yolks contain Vitamin A which supports the immune system, as does fresh garlic.
Avoid rancid oils, old ingredients and plastic containers. Simply blend these powerhouse ingredients together to make your salad or veggies the highlight of any meal.
Keep in mind you do not need any salt, as the anchovies contribute enough.
- Olive oil (or another organic oil of your choice)
- 1 tsp MCT oil (optional)
- Apple Cider Vinegar or lemon juice
- Anchovies (start slowly if you choose)
- Capers (tremendous anti-inflammatory source of quercetin)
- Fresh garlic (the amount depends on how many vampires you want to keep away)
- 1 Pasture-raised egg yolk
- Spices (black cumin, cumin, turmeric, ginger, rosemary, oregano, thyme etc. )
- ½ Avocado (optional for a creamy version)
Blend everything together. We love our Vitamix. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a week if it lasts that long.
To thin the dressing, add more olive oil, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, and for an extra probiotic kick add a little liquid from kimchi or sauerkraut. Experiment with any healthy additions to change up the flavor. We sometimes add pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Use this recipe to add nutrients into your diet that you may not normally use!
Your body will thank you for it and your family and friends will live healthier and longer lives too! Enjoy!