Stressed about Afib and need to slow your mind and your heart rhythm, down? Chill out, as we reveal the real root causes of Afib that can help naturally treat or reverse this condition today!
Atrial fibrillation, or AFIB, is a cardiac condition that affects millions of people in the US alone.
Being diagnosed with Afib can trigger high stress and anxiety. Patients worry about the associated stroke risk. They don’t love the idea of taking pharmaceutical drugs and the often scary surgical options their doctors are offering to help deal with it.
We will help you understand what AFIB is, WHY you really have atrial fibrillation (and what to do about it).
What is AFIB?
The heart muscle produces an electrical impulse from the top to the bottom. This impulse leads to a contraction or “squeezing” of the heart muscle to propel blood to the rest of the body. Normally, the contraction occurs in a regular sequence. Boom/Boom/Boom/Boom/Boom.
When someone is experiencing Afib, the heartbeat is IRREGULAR. Boom/ Boom/Boom/ Boom/Boom/Boom Boom/Boom/ Boom.
We can equate the irregular heartbeat of AFIB with the sound of a dripping faucet. Instead of hearing your faucet’s “drip drip drip” regular pattern, the flow sounds different. The “Afib faucet” sounds as if you are turning the knob between nearly off and full blast repeatedly. Something is amiss.
Studies link AFIB to the following symptoms:
- Symptoms of rapid heartbeat such as palpitations, fatigue, lightheadedness or shortness of breath.
- An increased risk of stroke.
- Heart failure- if your pulse with atrial fibrillation is too fast for a prolonged period.
- Increased risk for dementia.
What THEY Say Causes AFIB
This list of traditional risk factors for Afib is what you will hear from your mainstream doctor:
- High blood pressure
- Heart valve disease
- Heart failure
- Sleep apnea
- Open heart surgery
- Idiopathic (aka. We do not know).
So, what are the actual root causes of AFIB? In a nutshell, this condition, like so many others, stems from poor nutrition and lifestyle habits.
Root Causes of AFIB: Fix These Areas to Treat or Reverse It:
- Lack of sunshine. The lower your vitamin D, the higher your AFIB risk. Vitamin D is very important, but it is a surrogate for sun exposure. Incorporate our 5 top tips for safe sun exposure daily!
- Poor sleep quality AND quantity. Not sure how you’re sleeping? Take this simple home sleep test and get the answers you need to improve your sleep.
- The Standard American Diet. Chemicals in our food, sugar, artificial ingredients, and gluten containing grains are the major culprits for AFIB. Gluten leads to leaky gut (see other posts on leaky gut) and leaky heart. The immune system attacks the heart muscle and AFIB is the result. The Vibrant Wheat Zoomer test is the most comprehensive testing for gluten sensitivity.
- Pollution—air, water, soil, NOISE, and EMF from cell phones, lights, TV, Wi-Fi, etc. A good place to start is your air. Check out our top pick for air filtration that we use at home!
- Lack of physical activity. Check out our Kickstart Your Heart Health guide for more information on best practices here.
- Vertebral subluxations (see your chiropractor!).
- Drink the best water possible. We recommend the Pristine Hydro system.
- Stress/anxiety/depression/anger. Learn strategies to cope with stress. Schedule a call with one of our health coaches for more support in dealing with your Afib.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Get the Vibrant Micronutrient test. It’s the most comprehensive test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies in the cell, not just in your blood.
- Household toxins, chemicals and mold exposure. Read more about the shocking link between mold and AFIB.
- Heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, mercury, aluminum, cadmium and more. Test don’t guess.
- Poor oral health and dentition. Source of infection and inflammation. See a biological dentist to deal with oral issues.
- Alcohol…. as we are all bio individual. For more clarification, see our article on alcohol and Afib.
Inflammation, as seen in lab work, is a huge risk factor for Afib. All cardiologists accept this as fact. But the true CAUSE of the inflammation are the factors above.
The solution: to prevent atrial fibrillation, live the healthiest lifestyle possible. Do the opposite of the items above. Read more of our blog posts and change your life today.
If you HAVE atrial fibrillation, consider joining our upcoming Afib course. Get more information by scheduling a free call with one of our NHD health coaches.